Wednesday 31 March 2010

On the Pathway of joggers (1)

Monday 29th of March.*delayed entry


This is basically a diary of my morning jogs. Morning jogs might sound a bit boring I mean you just jog,what's there to write about; at least I thought they were. But not now, that I’ve got to know some regular joggers, cyclers, high-paced walkers and exercisers in general.Though we never actually talk, EYES have a conversation of its own.And I suddenly feel like I know these people from a very long time,& I feel comfortable whenever I see them , & if they don't show up, I wonder what could have possibly made them miss out there daily excercise.


Today’s jog,
Conditions:
1) The weather: chilly, slightly windy.
Which is not my favorites, the 2 things I hate the most are sun and wind. They exhaust me faster than usual, plus the sun here is really terrible, I could actually feel it burning my face. Wind is more tolerable, yet when it’s against me or even worse when it’s pushing me, I just don’t like clothes sticking to me.. I like the cold chilly weather, because it’s cool to walk and enjoy such weather, I also like the hot weather cause more sweating = more body cleansing.


2) Sea colour: Still recovering from the past 2 days’ horrible colour
Honestly, the past couple of days the sea resembled the colour of cat’s gut, I never actually saw the cat’s gut but I have a strong feeling it did look like it. Yellowish-brown, ergh… with foams, oh the foams, they’re not like the soap’s white fluffy foams, but turbid yellowish foams, with no bubbles, sitting there as if forming their own carpet on the sea not even bothering to move with the waves. It’s really weird, because it’s usually like this in the late summer. It’s not always like this okay; don’t get a bad image of the usually lovely Mediterranean Sea.

I first pass by my favourite person of all, an old man in navy blue training suit, white cap,white sneakers.He's kinda short and small sized...always walking with high pace, more like a soldier on a mission. That man, NEVER misses a day,God Bless him. At first I used to be jealous of him,yes I was...I mean come on he's old & active, & I'm young & well, not THAT presistant, but that was a year ago, now he's like my motivator. Although I'm 1 or 2 steps beyond him now, since I started jogging & not just speed-walking.Even though he has this straight marching technique, he's eyes are like the hawk's, scanning all he's surroundings.So this is my "Navy Motivator" the 1st character on the Pathway of Joggers.
More to come later.

Tip of the day:

If you just speed walk as an excercise ,at some point you get an urge to run for a while because you've got some built in energy, you release it by runnung -usually a short distance-then stop & continue walking.NOT SO GOOD. Studies found that fighting that urge to run & continuing to walk against your body's will is more beneficial than just giving up & running.
so you either walk or jog/run for a specific intervel, lead your body & don't let your body leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment