Saturday 10 April 2010

Apples not allowed

I went to bibliotheca Alexandrina, went to deposit my belongings/bags -since they're not allowed inside the library-. It was very crowded, I stood in a 20 something long queue!! That's not normal, anyway, after finally reaching the window & it's my turn, the lady scans my bags & asks , "do you have food in there??", "yes ", I said, it was an apple, but I didn't tell her, she probably saw it on the screen. "Food is not allowed" she said. " But I did leave my bag before, with food & nobody told me not to", "Well, I don't know about that, but food is not allowed", Now what . I'm not hungry, I still had a very long day and was saving this apple for later, & I'm definetly not throwing it!! :( so what did I do, I just left. Rescheduled my work at the library.That's it. Plus I wasn't going to re-enter that queue again, no thank you.

Now why on earth is it forbidden to leave an apple in my bag at the deposit for a couple of hours? It's not like the apple is gonna rot in this duration & make the place stink or something!!
Ah well, rules rules, like them or not,they're rules. I wonder how would it have been if I had my favourite tuna sandwitch in the bag :D

No comments:

Post a Comment