Wednesday 21 April 2010

On the Pathway of joggers (3)

Humid weather, lots of perspiration, oh it’s going to be a sticky summer!!
Weather is fluctuating at a high rate these days, ah seasonal changes what can we do but try to adopt.
Not a single wave in the sea, greenish at parts, and transparent at parts showing the rocks covered in green slimy algae beneath.
The sun was hiding for most of the morning behind the mass of puffy white clouds, which is always a good thing, for me at least J
There weren’t a lot of people exercising today, because of the stiff weather? It’s not even June yet, because it’s a working day in the middle of the week? I don’t think so, most of these people exercise daily.
I started off by passing by Mr. Navy Motivator…, with his sunglasses on, & marching as if he’s after something & wants to reach he’s destination. There was also Mr. Chewing gum-shaky hands, but he’s lagging friend wasn’t with him today, maybe he needed a break…
I just noticed that most of the exercisers are middle aged, I hardly ever see 20s or less, so I kept a mental note to make a statistical analysis on the group ages and genders that are keen to exercise!!
On my way back I saw The $ bag lady going to work, today she had 2 heavy bags with her, apart from her dollar-sign bag, and she was dressed in jeans, but the same format of a skirt, top & jacket, but all in jeans. She looked tired, and making a great effort with that load & that weather. I smiled at her encouragingly. It’s a great thing that weather changes don’t prevent her from walking to work.
When I was at school, I used to sometimes walk to school in the morning, which took 1hr 15 minutes!! I always live far from wherever I study, no matter the times we’ve moved in. Anyway, so in winter it was always great, even in the rain, I’d wear my water proof jacket over my backpack & cover my head, & smell the clean fresh air. In summer, well, at first I’d reach school sweaty, so I thought I wouldn’t walk in the summer, but then I missed those morning walks & the people I used to meet opening their shops & send their greetings to everyone they know or don’t know. So I decided that no weather will stop me doing my relaxing habit, & started taking a spare shirt with me, & simply changing my shirt when I reach school, as simple as that.
Back to today, to finish it off, near the end when I was about to reach home, there was a car accident!! A woman in a car hit a pedestrian, he was lying in the middle of the street on his back, but no sign of blood “Thank God”, and the road was jammed with people around him & people calming the frantic lady driver. They told her, he had a broken leg, and that’s probably it –considering that he could’ve been dead, it was a relief to her-. What a sight to start off the day with, it kept haunting me the entire day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment