Sunday 27 June 2010

Out & About: Radisson Blu

During our vacation at the North Coast, which is a 1 & half hr drive out of Alex, Dad had a meeting at a hotel on the way, called " Radisson Blu". Knowing that I liked to see everything new , he took me with him :)

First impression: it resembeled a stadium !! With it's circular like structure, and the fact that it's situated in the middle of no where surrounded my mounts of sands .



The circular building turned out to be hollow from the inside, with a court yard-like space, and the rooms are all these cells in the structure, with blue glass on the balconies.



I enjoyed the lovely latin music that was beeing played by the pool area, while seated on the chaise lounge with a nice strawberry juice emm, it's my favourite drink !!
This is the golf course, & beyond it is the high way, then a lake which I really don't know anything about it, and far beyond are factories.

so, when I went home and looked it up online, I found that its original branch is in the US, and that it's a world wide chain of 435 hotels in 61 countries !!
Radissonblu.com is the site if you wanna check it out in any country.


4 comments:

  1. I was totally confused now cos I know that back home in Norway we have two smack in the city centre - but they were called 'Radisson SAS' - so I looked it up, but that explained it all cos the site said 'Radisson BLU 'former Radisson SAS' so.. I learned something today - the hotel has changed name/sponsor since I was last home (SAS being a airways copany)..

    But their hotels usually look a bit.. strange without really being strange tho.. the once I have seen in Oslo are all glass.. one is black glass so and the other is clear but with the lift on the outside.. That one to me looked cooler tho.. Hope you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Looks lovely! Hope you had real fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cupcake, I also found out about the "SAS" thing too, things change fast.
    And I agree with you, they make it different from the outside, and from the inside , it's just like any other hotel.

    Thnx Eric, yeah it was great, specially since it was unplanned, and free of charge :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning hotel - I believe that the suffix 'Blu' is for all hotels outside of the USA.

    ReplyDelete