Friday 23 July 2010

Out & About: El Montaza

Since our school friends -who have gone abroad for college studies- came this summer holiday to their homeland,Alex, we decided to make a re-union . Destination : El Montazah !!

Former residence of the King of Egypt, now one of several Egyptian Presidential Palaces. In Alexandria .The meaning of the word Montaza is to be far, untouched, unblemished, and free. It is famous for its vast royal gardens , beach and several things .

After contacting as much people as we could, 14 people were able to make it, which was great since they were my closest friends during school!

The Montaza main entrance (It has 2 other entrances)
The entrance from the inside, or rather the exit now :)


It lies on the very east of Alex, were one stands almost at the edge of Alex, viewing the rest of the city that's on the seaside.


The water was soooo inviting, too bad we didn't get our bathing suits :( And that, would be King Fuad's Palace..no visitors are allowed entrance, because it currently serves as a place for the President to receive his guests or maybe come and enjoy himself ..LOL




A friend of ours had access to one of the cabins, were we put our stuff and had our own private area were we played some racket.

It not really that cheap to get a cabin there, it was my fist time to go to one actually, when I used to go with my college friends, we simply hang out at the public gardens,or I went on some occasions were I was a volunteer organizer of a certain event.
so, it was cool :D

After playing, we were hungry, we had each got something to make a dish party,and this is how the layed table looked like.


Drinks:Water,Coke,Juices( 4 flavours ,if you wanna know, oh well, grapes, pineapple,apple & the final is my first time to try Orange and carrots mix, it was okay.. but pineapple is my fav.)

You might be wondering about the dark think in the middle of the table..ehm well that is, " Mahshi Waraa' Enab" i.e grape leaves stuffed with rice .It's more delicious than it looks, every Egyptian is a fan of it.I's also well know in Greece, since they're a mediterranean Country as well.

I got Macaroni Salad, I actually made it, whenever there's a dish party, that's my trade mark!! It's Easy, Tasy, & Healthy. I'll probably make a post of it later!! Maybe you'll find it handy as it requires minimal kitchen knowledge, but saves the day when you're hungry !!

Another pal made chinese rice & chicken sweet and sour, that is always my favourite when I order at the chinese restaurant, and it was as tasty as the restaurant's,I salut you my friend for your great talent :)

We then decided to abandon the cabin area and go to the famous Montaza Bridge, that appears far away in the pic below.

It was quite a distance ,but we made it!!



It was really fun to see those people whom I haven't seen half of them for five years now. And it was as if we were back in high school with the same spirit .
Wishing those who are heading back to Australia, USA, & Netherlands a safe journey!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a great time! You take some wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome trip you got here~
    The beauty of the scenes were just attracted me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dish party looks messy and delicious...I WANT WARA2 3ENAB NAAW =P

    Love the photos...Montaza is one of the few places in Alexandria that still retain their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dave: The good company, the nice place ,and for some..the good food are the ingredients for a great time.
    Glad you liked the pics :)

    @ Clad : I'm always attracted to natural places like that,they've got all the beauty :)

    @ Hamdy: patience dude, Ramadan is approaching and I bet you'll get Wara2 3enab, koronb and all that you desire to eat placed on one table, right ;)

    Yes, I'm glad too that such an amazing place is still the same as it was in 1892!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! The photos are REALLY beautiful... Must be a wonderful place to visit. (",)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is, and it still has more to offer, the landscape and gardens, I didn't get pics of those

    ReplyDelete