Friday 2 April 2010

Spider's Web

I was wondering how much time it took one tiny spider to spin this complicated web.I looked it up, & it takes less than an hour or something.It usually repair or re-spin the web each day.

But then I think how most people, specially kids, whenever seeing a spider web, they are so tempted to just cut it out and play with the thread. At least I used to do that as a kid , it was so tempting.I also was curious to see if it will stretch with me, or just be cut immediatly.

Thinking about it now, I think ,no , I know it was brutal.It's like a man on an island spending 3 days to build a nice comfy shelter, then a storm comes and brings it all down. At least, this would be nature's doing!! I also like the sight of a trapped fly in the web, it makes me think about the circle of life,how some creatures are ment to be the nutrition of others. Ahh,yes, this sight has got me doing a lot of thinking.Some people mught be disgusted by the spider's web, but just give it a try & marvel at the work of that tiny 8-legged creature's complex creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment