Tuesday 28 September 2010

Milk with a stranger

There’s this girl in the fuchsia jacket that I have been seeing almost weekly for 2 months by the seaside walking on the sand. I was always curious about her, don’t know why, just this inner feeling that you want to know more about that person.

So, this morning I was cycling by the seaside, and I stopped to drink water then, there she was, she saw me from a far distance, came approaching me, she started asking about my bike, and told me she’s been cycling for a very long time, but recently she had a knee injury and her doctor told her to walk daily on the sand, aha, finally the mystery has been solved.
I’ve been seeing her from a far away distance, small figure, yet well built, not thin.. Short black hair always a pony tail. She looked young. Yet, when we actually talked she looked like late 30s with a fair complexion.


She invited me to come and sit on the shore and have a drink from her thermos, which oddly I accepted. I don’t know anything about her, yet I went to a somewhat isolated area of the beach…, I didn’t ask her what was in the thermos and I accepted it and actually drank!! It was milk with a hint of coffee just to give a small taste. And milk is very well known to be a drink that can mask any kind of drug. Still I drank!! Plus, it was milk, so she’s a health freak, just like me:D

See, I don’t usually trust people...at all. I definitely don’t sit alone with someone I just met in an isolated area. And most of all, I don’t drink something I don’t know from a complete stranger. Yet I did all of these. There was something about her that was both soothing yet peculiar...I still didn’t trust her and so she did most of the talking, which then revealed that she’s actually 50 years old!! Wow, that was a shock.

We stayed there for almost an hour, she told me everything about her live, her marriage her 2 sons, her divorce, her second marriage, her work ever since she left school till this very moment. She didn’t seem like a lonely person who needs someone to talk too.
Then I told her I had to leave cuz I got lectures to attend, so we exchanged numbers and I left her still drinking her milk and watching the waves…

1 comment:

  1. You know sometimes it's your conscious that lets you trust the person. It's like you already know how they would turn out to be and all before even getting to know them. The human being is certainly a mystery.

    ReplyDelete